Status update, August 2021

on captainepoch's log


This past month has been a series of decissions that lead me here, today, 17th august.

There are few changes in project-related topics. I thought of getting started maintainig Husky. For those who use Pleroma you already know what it is. The maintainer has been inactive for a few months, and after asking him if I could take the project, he said I can. So, in the comming days/weeks the project will be rescued. I know there are a lot of people flying to Misskey, but for those who still use Pleroma…

The project will be hosted at Sourcehut. There is a project created already at sr.ht/~captainepoch/husky. The project, repositories and mailists are unlisted because I still have to migrate the actual code, define the contribute guideline, set permissions in the mailist… Well, I have to start the project, so I hope to have it all by the end of the week. I will write an email to the husky-announce soon with something like a roadmap. Patches will be accepted soon, stay tuned to the mailists.

This is the announcement email.

I will also see how to put the new application at F-Droid, so you can download and install it when it is ready for a first version.

I also setup neomutt with mbsync and msmtp. I tried aerc, but it lacks some features and I already had the configuration files for mutt, so I only had to change a few lines. I still have a couple of things to setup, but they are not important right now.

I still plan to use aerc in the future if it still exists.

My contact page has been updated too. I changed my GPG key for a better one. If you have already the old one in your keyring, delete it and import the new one!

That would be all, see you in the next status!