Status update, september 2021
This month have a little bit busy with real life, so there is not much to put in a status update.
As I announced in august (see Maintaining my first project: part I) I started maintaining Husky, the Pleroma client.
Less than two weeks I pushed my first fix for Husky: fixing the video player. It was really easy, only I had to use ExoPlayer and every video is now playable. I have to take a look to a thing to see if I can improve it, but nevertheless, it works now.
I want to use this small moment to tell you that this is my first real contribution to a Free Software project (even I am maintaining it), but it feels really good to be able to do this kind of stuff. I hope to make Husky a client that everyone can enjoy, with better performance and more features!
There is not a version released because I want to put more things before releasing a new version, but you can get updates subscribing to the mailist lists.sr.ht/~captainepoch/husky-announce (even not being a Sourcehut user, you can).
An update related to this blog: I am going to start making posts in english and spanish. Hugo supports multi-language blogs and I intend to take the oportunity to make this blog in both languages.
In the non-software development world, I started playing Minecraft again. I even uploaded a video of me playing (not voice, though). Who knows what I am going to upload next time…
That’d be all, see you in the next status!